New Defender Hood/ Bonnet Solar Panel Kit
Want to harness the power of the sun to keep your battery topped up whilst you are on trips, overlanding, camping or any time you have your bonnet in the sun and further increase the practicality and tough looks of your new defender, now you can!
- High Quality Hood Mounted solar system
- Can charge main battery, battery box, Auxiliary battery etc in your New Defender
- Bespoke design to perfectly suit the looks and contours of the New Defender
- Perfect to keep auxiliary fridges running, lights working, phones charged.
- Absorbs light and reduces bonnet glare whilst mimic the standard Landrover factory vinyl for a stealth look.
- Super light, thin strong and durable
- Looks great and adds to the utilitarian look of the new defender
- Simple plug and play, no setup needed at camp always on always ready.
- keeps roof and storage area clear for more packing space
- Automatic free battery maintenance and top-up whenever you are parked in the sun which helps to keep battery's alive longer.
- Includes custom-fitted vinyl decal to protect the vehicle paint can be removed if needed later.
90W ETFE Flexible Solar Panel Feature
- Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
- Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
- Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
- Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight (60% less than the conventional solar panels), durable, and highly resistant to the harsh operating conditions of a marine environment.
Solar charger specifications
- Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors.
- The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
- This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Electrical and general Information
Peak power: 90W
Solar cell efficiency: 23%
Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
Maximum power current: 5.14A
Open circuit voltage: 21V
Short circuit current: 5.65A
Power allowance range: +/-3%
Maximum system voltage: 500V
Net Weight: 2.5kg/5.5 lbs
J-Box: IP 68 rated with 2m/6.5ft cables and standard connectors
Values at standard test conditions: Air Mass - AM1.5, Irradiance - 1000W/m2, Cell Temperature - 25°C
All new defenders 2020 onwards
Express from USA (approx. 7 days worldwide)
Checkout shipping rates
If available to buy, In stock and ready to ship
Does not include auxiliary Battery
Can be fixed by 3M tape or Sikaflex glue (Note: 3M VHB tape and silicone need to be purchased by yourself due to shipping constraints). We highly recommend install the solar panel with our specific vinyl decal, the vinyl decal sits under the solar panel and protect the hood paint. The vinyl decal installs on the hood in the same way that traditional hood vinyl's or automotive vinyl stickers are applied.
The installation must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F). In severe cold conditions, the solar panel will not have enough flexibility to form to your hood, and the adhesive will not properly bond.
If you don’t know how to install, we suggest you find a local auto modification shop to install.